Female gynecological conditions need various types of treatments. Some of them are painful and lead to slower recovery with a long time hospitalization. With technological advancements, surgeons have helped many females to recover from their pain related to their gynecological conditions. Women undergoing gynecological conditions traditionally had to face many problems related to surgery that was larger size and number of incisions, and slower and painful recovery.
Dr. SN Mohanty, the best gynecologists in Odisha, has a focused experience and is successful in gynecological surgeries that make minimal incisions in the woman’s body and helps the woman to recover from the pain early and get back to their normal.
With the help of advanced technology and advanced instruments, they take complete care of the gynecological surgery procedure that helps the woman to pass their painful phase smoothly. Advanced gynecological minimal access surgery carried out by the doctor is one of the most preferred types of surgery.
What is minimal access surgery?
Minimal access surgery is the type of surgery that is carried out with the help of advanced instruments and is completed by making smaller or sometimes no incisions in the body of the female. If the incisions are made during the surgery, they are not longer than ¼th inch long. In some cases, the female patient needs to be hospitalized for one to two days whereas in some cases the woman doesn’t need any kind of hospitalization.
At Dr. S N Mohanty's clinic, you will experience the great minimal invasive surgery options that will help to heal your gynecological conditions. The team of gynecologists that works with Dr. S. N. Mohanty is experienced and trained with all the techniques and technology such as robotic systems for minimally invasive gynecologic procedures.
Why minimal access surgery?
Gynecological minimal access surgery allows the doctors to make many smaller incisions than making one larger incision. The main advantage of this kind of surgery is its low risk and high efficiency. Other benefits of minimal access surgery are:
• Smaller incision
• Speedy recovery
• Quick recovery time
• Lesser discomfort and pain
• Shorter hospital stays
• Less risk of infections and other complications
There are many more benefits related to this kind of surgery, but the above are the main and important benefits of minimal access surgery.
Which gynecological conditions are treated with minimal access surgery?
Because of the benefits stated above, the doctors generally prefer to recommend the minimal access surgery than that of traditional open surgeries. The minimal invasive options allow the gynecologists to treat the medical conditions such as:
• Uterine fibroids
• Pelvic pain
• Cervical incompetence
• Heaving menstrual bleeding
• Pelvic organ prolapsed
• Ovarian cysts
Types of minimal access to the surgical procedure:
Minimal invasion surgeries are recommended for various reasons. Depending on the medical condition of the patient right type of minimal access surgery is recommended. The various types of minimal access surgery are as follows:
• Laparoscopy: In this type of surgical procedure, doctors or surgeons make 3 to 4 smaller incisions in your pelvic area. The incisions are made so that the surgeon can insert the narrow tube with a lighted camera (laparoscope) so that the surgeon can have the image of the infected area that is to be treated and he can insert the instruments that will help them to carry out the surgery.
• Vaginal type of surgery: The surgeon makes a small incision in the vagina to have access to the area that has to be treated.
• Vaginal laparoscopy: It is also called a laparoscopic-assisted vaginal technique. In this type of procedure, the surgeon takes the help of a laparoscope through the vagina to have an easy view and access to the surgical site.
• Robotic laparoscopy: In this type of laparoscopy, the robotic arm is used to have access to the surgical site. The robotic type of laparoscopy provides the surgeon with the high-resolution 3D images and controlled arms of the robot with the miniaturized surgical instruments carry the further surgical procedure. This type of laparoscopy takes more time than that of open surgery, but its efficiency is also more than it.
• Single-incision surgery: This type of minimal access surgery makes only one incision in the patient's body that is through the navel that is through the belly button.
• Hysteroscopy: The surgeon inserts a hysteroscope that is a narrow lighted camera and surgical instruments through the cervix. It helps the surgeon to have access to the uterus without a single incision in the body.
With the above types of minimal access surgery, Dr. SN Mohanty helps you to get relieved from your gynecological issues with the procedures such as
Myomectomy: Removal of uterine fibroids keeping the uterus there only
Ovarian cystectomy: Removal of ovarian cysts
Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus and in some cases removal of ovaries and fallopian tubes
Endometrial ablation: Removal of the endometrium to stop heavy menstrual bleeding
Pelvic organ prolapsed repair: Reposition of the pelvic organs such as bladder hernia and rectal hernia
These are some of the important procedures carried out by the doctors. There is a wide range of procedures expertly carried out by our doctors and their teams. The highly advanced minimal access surgery by Dr. SN Mohanty is sophisticated and assured you to live a healthy life after having treatment at the clinic. The clinical surgeries carried out are fully hygienic and supported with the best advanced surgical instruments.